Saturday, March 13, 2010

STN 2010

So...here is my reflection on how STN 2010 went.
This year actually went really good. I'm glad especially since this is my last year! (unless I manage to come up with enough funds to chaperone next year!) Anyways, it was an incredibly successful year for Moanalua. PSA got an honorable mention, Andrew placed 2nd for his All-Platform Journalism piece on Peter, and best of all, the film side won 1st place for Sweet 16! It was an amazing moment when they announced our schools name; especially because they couldn't pronounce it. The entire school jumped up and Mitchel almost cried. He held it together until after the ceremony.

Besides the awards, everything else was fun as well. We successfully completed our Sweet 16 show, and it was one of our best ones ever. The packages were fantastic; the best we've had in STN in a long while. It was a bit stressful as the counter ticked down, but we made it with a few minutes to spare. My individual competition was Short Story. Although we didn't place, I think we did pretty good. The misinformation about the due time threw us off, but it's okay. As long as we finished in time.

Everything else was fun. Disneyland is always a blast, and we always have fun on the mall day. This was a successful run at STN and I expect next year to be even better! (so hopefully I can go!)

Check out our vblog that Andrew posted for video of the trip.

No comments: