Tuesday, March 9, 2010

STN

Oh gosh! I'm really late, I was suppose to post this a few days ago, I'm in big trouble now. haha. I was going to post this the morning we left but I decided to back to sleep. Well anyways the STN trip was great and a fun experience for me. I enjoyed every single bit of it! I learned a lot, that will help me be a better broadcast journalist.

The plane ride going there didn't feel long at all, I actually stayed awake the whole time I was surprised. There wasn't any time to go to sleep by the time we got there, we went straight Disneyland. That was a fun day, I never though I would be able to go to Disneyland with all my friends with out any parents so soon. I like the fact we were in a big group thats was made the disneyland good. I got to ride a lot of rides, shop, take pictures and even taste the famous turkey leg.

After a long day at disneyland is was time to go sleep and get ready for SWEET SIXTEEN! The days started off slow just trying to find a story we had a couple ideas, from talking to the Freedom Writers people, to a runners who go to college on scholarship or any athletes who went to USC on scholarship, to talking to the new head football coach, and we settled to the how students traveled around the USC campus. Thanks to Mrs. Calistro found's help we found a story that ended up being our final idea. We thought we were good after filming but in the process of editing we realized that we had problems with audio so that held us back a a lot. After seeing and hearing most of the teams finishing it was pressure for me and my team to finish. After hearing the news that our packages wasn't going to make the show for sweet sixteen I was really upset but there was no one to blame, we tried to make the deadline but good news Tyler told us it'll be used in a different show just not entered to STN. But i never been so stressed while doing a package ever.

The next 2 days were break outs they pretty boring and I'm not going lie I caught myself falling asleep in every single one of them but I would wake up because it would be rude to just sleep like that. But going to the sessions were helpful because they gave us a lot of good advice when it came to the process of creating a successful package. And I recommend the future broadcaster to go, when they get their chance next year.

I forgot to mention that I had another competition I had to do called "CONVENTION RECAP" with Char Desha and Micah. We stared filming a day later than we should've but soon after we got to work. Me and Desha didn't go the meeting because we overslept but Char and Micah went and arrived late and forgot to get the entry envelope. The next they they both Destrie tagged along with them and they all got yelled at because they forgot to get the envelope. Mrs. S went to go and made things clear for us and everything was fine. Our video went better then we thought would, turned it in 30 minutes before deadline. We din't win anything for that but it felt good to finish and enter it in the competition.

The last 2 day we got to go shopping and we had a dinner at D&B with everyone that was fun, that same night while I was packing I realized that this trip is over and we were all leaving and going back to work, this trip didn't feel as long as I thought. I didn't want to leave, I wanted to this trip all over again.

I'm so lucky I got to experience this trip with everyone who went and everyone I worked with. I hope I get a chance to do it again next time :DDDD

No comments: