Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19, 2009

ALOOOOHHHHAAA! So last night we all went to bed super late and was super tired this morning. We failed to wake up for the EARLY breakout sessions. But Mr. Meyers and Mr. Ikenaga(Daddy-O) were nice enough to let us sleep in. My room ended up waking up at 9:45AM rushing down to the ballroom for the opening ceremonies.
It was pretty intense. All the different people, from all the different schools, from all the different states. Nice to meet new people. Then the doors open, the first thing you notice are the two big screens in the front. Rows of chairs, being quickly filled by other students. It was super crazy, but we were all too tired to fully feel it. First we watched a music video produced by some high school. It was pretty cool. Then the student of the year came up and spoke. Pretty inspiring words. The president of STN spoke, and then John Roberts from CNN came up to talk. Awesome huh? I gotta be honest, we were too tired to fully listen. He was funny, cool, and very passionate.
After the ceremonies, we left to go eat lunch buffet as a group. We met a guy originally from Hawaii and he was cool. I had PSA today, so Chanelle, Katreina and I had to go to our briefing. Our topic is flu vaccine. We filmed and got lots of good stuff. Then we went back, and played the Wii with Mr. Meyer. He beat me! But I let him win (; hahaha.
Then comes the dance. It was pretty lame. They played old songs. Most of the Hawaii people were on the side. But we still had fun.
So I have PSA editing tomorrow at 6 AM!
Thats super EARLY. So im gonna go sleep. niiiight. ill post pictures tomorrow night..