Sunday, March 7, 2010

march 5, 2010

So, I'm doing this kind of late-ish because it's been hard getting time to use someone's computer but ANYWAY most of the breakouts were honestly very very very boring but I did learn a few valuable tips for future packages from a couple of them. I learned by keeping the camera away from the interviewee while interviewing them makes then less nervous & more prone to feeling comfortable in speaking to you and going into more depth then they would normally do if the cameras and lights were up close to them. I also picked up how to ask questions and what not ask questions when doing a sensitive subject. Unlike most of the students that were sitting/sleeping in the "sensitive subject" breakout I actually enjoyed that one the most besides Les Rose but I feel I got more out of it than any of the other breakout sessions. I also had to do a competition for the Promotional Announcement, which I wasn't as proud of as I would have liked to be but my team and I were so tired and out of it we were just glad we came up with a good sequence and got it in before we were disqualified. It was so nerve-racking though! We had to do all the filming before 10:30 or at least do most of it and check-in the editing room by then but everyone else was busy doing their own thing & in the meantime we needed them for our competition or at least the ability to film them which felt impossible but we got it done in the end but we had a malfunction with our firewire so we could not import our VO's and then FinalCut kept crashing on us so we were freaking out but we got through it! Finally, we had the film fest&music video showings, I was sooooooo proud of Hawaii and our school as well even though we didnt win first but winning is winning so I was still "CHEEEHUUUUU"-ing. To top the night off, we went to the rainforest cafe and thanks to Mrs. S we all got discount on our food & I got to eat because I forgot my money in the hotel room :) btw, THANKKYOUU MISSSS! Overall, it was an amazing and insightful day! Well gooooodnight bloggers*

No comments: